Inmate FAQ

Am I on the visitor's list?

Please call the Sheriff's Office at 517-543-3512 in advance to verify if your name is on the Inmate's Visitor List. It can take up to two weeks for any changes to take place.

Can I deposit money into an inmate's account?

Three new ways to add money to your inmate account or provide bail

You may go Online at:

Money Load:


Or at a Lobby Kiosk located in the Sheriff's Office Lobby and Jail Bond Lobby

You may deposit cash or use a credit card account to deposit money into an inmates account.

Or you may call Call 888-497-2387 to deposit the money through an automated system.


Inmates may receive money orders made payable to the inmate, through the mail.

Address the envelope as: Eaton County Sheriff's Office - MO, "Inmates Name", 1025 Independence Blvd., Charlotte, MI 48813

NO personal or business checks, change or foreign money will be accepted for Inmate Trust Accounts.

Can I bring in books for the inmate?

All reading material must be sent through a publisher to the inmate by the US Postal Service or United Parcel Service. (For more information on what items can be brought in for an inmate, read Inmate Family Guide and click Personal Items)

Can an inmate make phone calls?

Inmates have access to telephones located in their respective living areas. They are reminded that calls are collect calls only, and as such, consideration should be given to those receiving the calls.

Inmates also have the opportunity to purchase phone cards from the Commissary.

If the phones are abused and calls are made to anyone which are threatening, including calling and harassing witnesses or victims, or violation of telephone company rules, a block is placed on the telephone number and/or phone privileges may be suspended.


Can an inmate call from the Jail to my cell phone?

You will need to contact Securus to set up an account to receive calls from the Jail to your cell phone. Securus provides the Inmate telephone service and can be reached at 1-800-844-6591 for billing or connection problems.


For more information, please review the Inmate Family Guide.

Go to top