Funeral Home Online Payments
It is helpful if you indicate to us number of copies and where the copies should be mailed or otherwise handled (there are multiple ways you can do this:
- By email
- By fax at 517-541-0666
- By phone at 517-543-2478
- Through an EDR message to our staff (Kimberly H, or Corin K.)
- Through our online payment portal (see payment methods tab)
We are not able to give/send out certified copies until we receive payment. Please note, while we process the order as soon as we receive payment, standard mail time may be several weeks for oversized envelopes.
Copies can be picked up in person at our offices:
Eaton County Administrative Offices / New Court House
1045 Independence Boulevard 1st Floor
Charlotte, MI 48813
Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Delta Township Satellite Office Administration Building
7710 W Saginaw Highway
Lansing, MI 48917
Only 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It is strongly recommended that you call/notify us ahead of time for pickups at Delta as we have less staff at that location. Phone numbers are:
- 517-543-2478 (if prior to Friday- be sure to let us know you're ordering for pickup at Delta; with advance notice, we may be able to send it for pickup even if it's a 2nd or 4th Friday.)
- 517-816-8222 (if ordering the day of on 1st or 3rd Friday)
Online Ordering Process
- Go to the Online Payment Portal
- Click EDR/Funeral Home Orders
- Enter Order Information
- The “Reference” box can be used for a brief comment or instructions (like where to send the copies)
- The “Amount” box refers to the payment amount (copy price amount), please refer to the pricing tab
the service fee is automatically applied later, just enter the copy price
- You can submit one payment for multiple records- you will just have to communicate to us the division of copies per record.
- Enter the billing and payment information
- Payment can be made with Credit Card, Personal Check or Business Check
- Note the order total (including the service fee) is listed at the top of the screen
- Continue through until the order is submitted
- We will process the order during regular business hours (usually the same day received), it will be sent regular mail
If you are needing your order expedited you can place your order through VitalChek, this provides a UPS shipping option at additional cost and the service fee is slightly higher.
View our Ordering Vital Records Online page for more information.
Make checks payable to Eaton County Clerk and mailed to:
Eaton County Clerk
1045 Independence Boulevard
Charlotte, MI 48813
We are not able to mail out the certified copies until we receive the payment. Please indicate where the copies should be mailed.
We currently do not offer an escrow or “tab” account payment system but are looking into the possibility. Please let us know if that would be something you’d be interested in using.
The fee is $15 for the first copy and $8 for each additional copy of the same record. Pricing restarts with each individual record. Contact us regarding pricing if the death record was corrected.
Eaton County Certified Copy Fees
|Number of Copies||Fee|
Online Payment Card Fees
This does not include online payment or card fees, but our system will automatically apply the fee so just enter the copy price.
- One Veteran’s-use-only certified copy is provided free of charge when the certificate indicates the decedent is a veteran. For clarity please distinguish in the order the veteran copy from the amount of standard certified copies. For example: “[number of] certified copies, plus a veteran copy”
- An order with a veteran copy does not affect the pricing of that order’s standard certified copies; for example an order of “6 copies plus a veteran copy” would be 7 copies total and the total copy fee would be $55.
If you have any issues determining jurisdiction feel free to contact our office at 517-543-2478.
The Secretary of State's office has a state-wide address search https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Clerk
This will only show Township versus City, it will not indicate Villages.
Eaton County has an online resource that can be used as an aid in identifying the jurisdiction of a particular address. The program is through our Property Descriptions department and is accessible at BS&A Online. Please note this program will only have Eaton County addresses and care should be taken in ensuring you have the correct address including street direction and zip codes.
- Once at that web-address, near at the top of the page is a search bar into which you type the address. Make sure the search wording to the left of the bar reads “Search Municipal Records By: Address”
- If not correct it by clicking on it, this should open a drop-down list from which you can select “Address.” Then type in the address information and hit enter or click the search button. This should either bring up the property or a list of properties (please note there may be multiple pages of listings that you may need to click through and/or adjust the “records per page” settings to see all results. Also, the system may only show a limited number of results for a large search output, in the top margin of the result it will say "Displaying items 1 - 50 of 200 Results Limited" but you can click the "Load All Results" near it.)
- Once you find the address you are looking for click on it and the program will open a details page for that property. The jurisdiction will be listed under “General Information for Tax Year…” as the “Unit”
- You can search with partial information such as just the address number (or a partial street name like Hope for Mount Hope, Jo for St. Joseph/Joe) in fact fewer details usually gives broader search results.
Other jurisdictions may also provide their property information with this service https://bsaonline.com/MunicipalDirectory
City or Village boundaries can be seen on a map at MiLocator.