Eaton County Youth Facility is a place where juveniles who have been ordered by the Court or have been charged with criminal offenses and/or probation violations are held. The basic purpose of ECYF is to help you make positive changes in your thinking and behavior while providing you with a safe and secure environment.
The Eaton County Youth Facility's program of behavior management focuses on embracing a discipline-based approach. As such, the goals of our interventions primarily focus on:
- Generating and strengthing appropriate behaviors
- Weakening or eliminating inappropriate behaviors
- Generating self-control
- Safeguarding human rights within the institutional setting
- Developing pro-soical attitudes and values
- Providing juveniles with the tools that will enable success within society