The Eaton County Enforcing Agency (Drain Commissioner) is responsible for the enforcement of soil erosion and sedimentation laws within the boundaries of Eaton County, except the City of Lansing. There are also several Authorized Public Agencies in the county responsible for monitoring their own activities. These include the Michigan Department of Transportation, the Eaton County Road Commission, the Eaton County Drain Commissioner, the City of Charlotte, the Lansing Board of Water and Light and Delta Charter Township.
If you don't find what you need, or if you need additional assistance, please feel free to call us at (517) 543-3809 or fax us at (517) 543-6446.
When paying permit fees, please make checks payable to the "Eaton County Drain Commissioner".
Information Packets and Applications:
Prospective Builder / Contractor Building Application
Soil Erosion Control Links
Even with the best Soil and Water Polution Prevention Plan (Soil Erosion Control Plan) designers still need to buy products and keep up on the latest technology and be reminded of existing technology. The following links may be helpful, let us know if you find broken links or bad advise.
- Mid-Michigan Soil Erosion Control Group This is the start for the Mid-Michigan Soil Erosion Group. Everyone who regulates land development, developes land, excavates land, or even landscapes will find this peer group very helpful.
- Conquest of the Land through 7,000 years A reprint of a report by W. C. Loudermilk, formerly Assistant Chief, Soil Conservation Service. Basicaly a world tour of soil erosion issues, as seen in 1938.
- Price & Company Local Michigan distributor of materials and systems used for site civil improvement, erosion control and surface water quality.
- Wildtype Native Plant Nursery Wonderful native plant nursery in Mason.
- Erosion Control TV TV for Erosion Control.
- Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control Certification for professionals involved in inspection of construction sites for NPDES compliance and other soil erosion control issues.
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control Provides certification for professionals that are designing soil erosion and sedimentation control plans and SWPPP's.
- International Soil Erosion Control Association
- Soil and Water Conservation Society
- FEMA Issued Flood Maps
- MDEQ-Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- PART 91, SOIL EROSION AND SEDIMENTATION CONTROL OF THE NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT 1994 PA 451, AS AMENDED
- PART 17. RULES: SOIL EROSION AND SEDIMENTATION CONTROL