A supply list* for the home should include the following:
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- Battery powered NOAA weather radio.
- An am/fm radio to receive emergency information.
- Extra food. High energy food such as dried fruit or candy and food that requires no cooking or refrigeration is best.
- Extra drinking water. Remember the rule of thumb is one gallon per person, per day.
- Extra medicine
- First aid supplies
- Extra baby items.
- Heating fuel. Make sure you have a good supply in case suppliers can't reach you
Emergency heating source.
- Wood stove.
- Space heater.
- Learn how to properly prevent a fire.
- Have proper ventilation.
- Fire extinguisher and smoke detectors.
- Emergency generator and fuel. **
*The above list is not all inclusive, but are some suggestions for you to consider. You may add items of your own to meet your needs.
**You may have to consult an electrician and/or other professional to install and learn how to use a generator safely.