Circuit Court Clerk
Public Notice Regarding COVID-19
Beginning Friday, June 19, 2020 the Courthouse will be closed every Friday through October 2, 2020.
In a cost saving move due to the COVID-19 crisis, many Eaton County departments are in the state’s Workshare program and are on furlough.
You can come into the office Monday – Thursday from 8 am to 5 pm without an appointment.
Most transactions may now be handled via online, e-mail or US Postal Mail.
Temperature screenings will be conducted on those requiring entrance to the courthouse. A mask or facial covering must be worn while in the enclosed public areas.
For more information, please call at 517-543-4346.
Filing and Paying Fees Electronically:
• To submit pleadings electronically, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
• To make a payment online for any filings or copy requests, please follow the instructions below:
o Click on “Purchase Record Copies and Name Search” on the left hand side of the screen
If you making a payment for a filing fee please advise the amount and the title of the document you are filing
Regular copy - $1.00 per page
$.30 / page for copies of transcripts
Certified copy - $10.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page
If you are purchasing a regular copy, we will email the requested information to you
If you are purchasing a certified copy, we have to mail that out to you
• Please note our entire packets for Domestic and Non-Domestic PPO’s can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate link below.
• If you would like to submit your request electronically, please email the entire packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you would like to talk to a Court Advocate, their phone number is 517-667-0091.
• If you are unsure about the documents and/or you have any questions, please call the Circuit Court Clerk’s office at 517-543-4335.
Questions regarding scheduling hearings in front of your assigned Judge, please call the appropriate Judicial Assistant:
• Judge Byerley – Ursula – 517-543-4175
• Judge Cunningham – Kris – 517-543-4307
• Judge Maurer – Angie – 517-543-4325
I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. This decision was made for the safety of my staff and our community.
Eaton County Clerk
Welcome to the Eaton County Circuit Court Clerk's Office. It is a pleasure to serve as Eaton County Circuit Court Clerk, County Clerk and Register of Deeds. I hope you find this site to be easily accessible and informative. We strive to provide all our customers with accurate, efficient service and a pleasant experience.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Diana Bosworth has been serving as the County Clerk and Register of Deeds since January 2013 and serving Eaton County since March 1989.
The Circuit Court is the Trial Court with the broadest powers in Michigan. In general, the Circuit Court handles:
- Civil cases with claims of more than $25,000.00
- Felony criminal cases
- Personal protection actions
- Treatment and testing of infectious disease
The Circuit Court also hears appeals from the lower courts such as appeals from local government boards such as zoning appeals and appeals from some administrative agencies of State Government.
- Child abuse
- Emancipation of minors
- Name changes
- Safe delivery of newborns
- Treatment and testing of infectious disease
The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is the steward of the Circuit Court Records. If you are filing documents on your own or looking at public court files, it is assumed that you know the law as to when to file documents, what documents to file, how to file the documents, and how to interpret the law. If you are representing yourself, you are acting as your own attorney.
The Clerks of the Circuit Court are not attorneys and therefore are prohibited from giving out any legal advice (this includes what forms you need to fill out and file or when you need to file documents) and cannot interpret the law.
2020 Holiday Schedule
|Tuesday, December 31, 2019||New Year's Eve|
|Wednesday, January 1, 2020||New Year's Day|
|Monday, January 20, 2020||Martin Luther King Day|
|Monday, February 17, 2020||President's Day|
|Friday, April 10, 2020 - Open||Good Friday - Open|
|Monday, May 25, 2020||Memorial Day|
|Friday, July 3, 2020|
Saturday, July 4, 2020
|Monday, September 7, 2020||Labor Day|
|Monday, October 12, 2020 - Open||Columbus Day - Open|
|Wednesday, November 11, 2020||Veteran's Day|
|Thursday, November 26, 2020|
and Friday, November 27, 2020
|Thursday, December 24, 2020||Christmas Eve|
|Friday, December 25, 2020||Christmas|
|Thursday, December 31, 2020||New Year's Eve|
|Friday, January 1, 2021||New Year's Day|