Online applications can be submitted at any time. Please be aware our office is closed certain holidays, dates listed on the Clerk’s page.
Please review the instructions on the "Marriage License Process" and "Applying Online" pages.
You are eligible to apply for a marriage license in order to be married if:
- You are not currently married (including marriages occurring in other countries)
- You or your fiancé is an Eaton County resident - Michigan residents must apply in the county of their current address
- You are 18 years of age or older
- And you going to be married within 33 days of submitting your application
- If you both are out-of-state residents:
- You would need to apply in Eaton County if your ceremony is to be performed in Eaton County
- If you are unsure please contact us with your venue’s address and we can verify if it is Eaton County, because it may invalidate the license if it is performed in the wrong county
- An applicant is 16 or 17 years of age
- A parent or guardian must be present with a valid government identification and proof of guardianship documents to sign a consent form