We cannot provide legal advice. The following are some additional resources and agencies that may be of use. Please contact them directly.

Corporations, LLC, LLP, Limited Partnerships & Non-Profits

You would file for these with the State. (Michigan Statutes Annotated Section19.821; 20.111) To register a Corporation, LLC, LLP, Limited Partnership, or Non-Profit Organization apply to:

Mailing Address
Corporations Division
L.A.R.A., State of Michigan
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: 517-241-6470
L.A.R.A. State of Michigan Website

Small Business Resource

Physical Address
Corporations and Securities Bureau
2501 Woodlake Circle
Okemos, MI 48864

Michigan Small Business Development Center
Grand Valley State University
1020 L William Seidman Center
50 Front Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Small Business Development Center Website

Lansing Small Business Development Center
Lansing Community College
309 N Washington Square Suite 115
Lansing, MI 48933
Phone: 517-483-1921
Email Kellie Hanford

This is your region’s Small Business Development Center, located at Lansing Community College, it provides a guide with all the steps to starting a business. They also provide information and counseling. Many of their services are low cost or free. 

Sales Tax License, Employer Identification Number

Michigan Department Of Treasury - State Level
Treasury Building
430 W Allegan Street
Lansing, MI 48922
Phone: 517-373-3200
Michigan Department of Treasury Website

You can also visit the Internal Revenue Service's website for more information.

Better Business Bureau (BBB)

BBB Serving Western Michigan
2627 E Beltline Avenue SE Ste 320
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Phone: 616-774-8236
Fax: 616-774-2014
Email the BBB

Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. to Noon and 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.

BBB of Detroit and Eastern Michigan
26777 Central Park Blvd Ste 100
Southfield, MI 48076-4163
Phone: 248-223-9400
Fax: 248-356-5135
Email the BBB

Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m