Resource Recovery - Recycling
The Eaton County Department of Resource Recovery (ECDRR) is the designated implementing agency responsible for the development and administration of the County Waste Management Plan under Public Act 641. In 1993, a Solid Waste Ordinance was enacted in Eaton County with the purpose of protecting and promoting public health, safety and welfare of residents. Through the Solid Waste Ordinance, solid waste collection, transportation, delivery and disposal can be regulated. Residents and businesses are provided incentives to recycle in order to reduce the volume of solid waste disposed, and the environment is preserved and improved.
ECDRR is a resource to Eaton County residents. Tips on recycling, reuse and waste reduction are readily available during office hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 517-543-3686.
Special Collection Events
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Scrap Tires
Year-round programs include Collection Points for the following:
- Cell Phones
- Cooking Oil Recovery
- Household Batteries
- Mercury Thermometers
The Freon Recovery Credit Program and a Medical Sharps Mail-Back Program are also available.
2019 Resource Recovery Events
Make sure to register for any of the three events either online or by calling 517-543-3686. The events listed are available to all Eaton County residents! Want to volunteer?
- August 24, 2019 - Recycle-Palooza (Charlotte)
- Did you miss this event? View our post Recycle-Palooza Disposal Guide
- May to September: Hazardous Waste Collection (Lansing) for more information go to Ingham County 's HHW webpage
- Every Tuesday and Thursday from 2 to 6 p.m.
- September 28, 2019 - Meridian Regional Recycling Event (Okemos) for more information go to Meridian go green page