District Court Traffic Payments
Payments of Fines & Cost
Notice: all financial obligations (fines, costs, restitution) are due in full on the date of sentencing. Pursuant to Michigan Court Rules (MCR) 1.110
The following methods of payments are acceptable at the 56A District Court.
- By mail: with check or money order sent to: (please include ticket or case number)
56A District Court
Attention: Traffic Fines
1045 Independence Boulevard
Charlotte, MI 48813
- By telephone: with GovPayNow at 1-888-604-7888. Use pay location code PLC 6701. A fee is added for using this service.
- In person: A drop box inside the front entrance of the courthouse is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m. for payments.
- Online: at GovPayNow. A fee is added for using this service. Credit card payments take 48-72 hours to process and post to your account.
Request for Payment Plan
- Payment extensions can be granted when half the balance is paid within 30 days of the due date provided by the court at the informal or formal hearing.
- You must contact the 56A District Court in writing, email (email@example.com) or fax (517-543-1469) to request an extension. Do not call by phone.
- Your written request should indicate your desire for additional time and the time period which you expect to pay the balance due.
- If granted you will have an additional 30 days to comply with your judgment. Additional time will require another letter to the court. It will be the court's discretion to grant any additional time without incurring any penalties.
- Additional court costs and fees may be accessed to your original judgment if extensions are not granted and due dates are missed.
- Failure to comply with payments conditions may result in a suspension of your driver's license, driver reinstatement fees or court costs being assessed, or a show cause hearing to be scheduled.