Recycling Events & Special Collection Programs
2021 Resource Recovery Collection Events
ECDRR organizes three annual events per year to accommodate the proper disposal of wastes such as:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Scrap Tires
These events are open to all Eaton County residents but do require specific event registration for attendance. Registration is available online. Events are held annually in May, June, and August. Specific dates for 2021 are listed below.*
**We will NOT be accepting paper for shredding, batteries, books, eye glasses, or hearing aids for recycling at any of the events listed below.**
- Information about paper shredding services is available on our 2021 Shredding Events page (HERE). We also recommend checking with your financial institution, as some of these entities offer shredding events annually.
- Information about battery recycling can be found on our How Do I Recycle page (HERE).
- For disposal of books we recommend checking with your local library or second hand store for donation based programs. The Charlotte Area Recycling Authority also accepts books for reuse and/or recycling during their normal business hours. Find more information about the Charlotte Area Recycling Authority on our Recycling Centers page (HERE).
- For disposal of eye glasses and hearing aids check with your local Lions Club. For more information on the Charlotte Lions Club check out their website (HERE).
August 21, 2021 in Charlotte, MI
Registration for this event is required for participation. Registration will open June 11, 2021 at 12:00 pm and will be available until the Thursday prior to the date of the event at 12:00 pm or until maximum participant capacity is reached. The registration page will be posted below when it becomes available. Events are for private (non-commercial) residents of Eaton County ONLY. The event location is released upon completion of registration.
Specific Accepted Materials and Participant Rules for this Event: RECYCLE PALOOZA 2021 FLYER.
Event Registration (REQUIRED): https://recyclepalooza2021.eventbrite.com
Volunteer Registration Information: RECYCLE PALOOZA 2021 VOLUNTEER SIGN UP.
ECDRR is always looking for volunteers to help make these events happen! There are only two restrictions: volunteers must be at least 16 years old and must have a volunteer application form on file (can be filled out the day of the event). Some of the benefits of volunteering include:
- Helping to reduce the amount of hazardous and/or recyclable waste sent to landfills and combustion facilities.
- Free refreshments (coffee, doughnuts, & fresh fruit in the morning and pizza, chips, soda pop, & more in the afternoon)
- Free disposal of ALL items accepted at the events regardless of residency.
Volunteer registration information is listed under each individual event. For additional information about volunteering please contact our office.