Recycling Events & Special Collection Programs
String Light Collection Program
Recycling program for string lights (such as holiday and Christmas lights) is available at participating locations December 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023. No other electronic items will be accepted. Participating locations:
- Charlotte Area Recycling Authority
- Delta Township Administration Building
- Delta Township Recycling Center
- Sunfield Recycling Center
Please see flyer for additional details including collection site addresses and hours.
String Light Collection Program: PROGRAM FLYER
2023 Resource Recovery Collection Events
ECDRR organizes annual events to accommodate the proper disposal of wastes such as:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Scrap Tires
These events are open to all Eaton County residents but do require specific event registration for attendance. Event dates are announced annually in March. Registration is available online or by phone beginning annually on March 15. Events are held between May and August. Sign up to be notified when recycling event information becomes available here: Recycling Events Notification Form.
Please check our "How Do I Recycle" tab for available alternative disposal options for common items!
ECDRR is always looking for volunteers to help make events and other recycling programs happen! There are only two restrictions: volunteers must be at least 16 years old and must have a volunteer application form on file (can be filled out the day of the event). Some of the benefits of volunteering for collection events include:
- Helping to reduce the amount of hazardous and/or recyclable waste sent to landfills and combustion facilities.
- Free refreshments (coffee, doughnuts, & fresh fruit in the morning and pizza/sandwiches, chips, soda pop, & more in the afternoon)
- Free disposal of ALL items accepted at the events regardless of residency.
Volunteer registration information is listed under each individual event when they become available. For additional information about volunteering please contact our office.