Overall the Eaton County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 927 calls for service/events. Our higher call volumes occurred in the following areas: Traffic Stops-208, Suspicious Situations/Subject/Vehicle-67, Traffic Violations-45, Assist Citizen/Motorist Assist-38, Traffic Hazards-32, Check Well Beings-30, Alarms-29, Property Damage Crashes-29, Shoplifting Complaints-22, Civil Complaint-18, Larcenies-14, Suicide Threat or Attempt-13, Domestic Disputes-11, MDOP-10, Car/Deer Accidents-10, and Personal Injury Crashes-9.
School Bus Safety Reminders. School will be starting for some of our area schools in the next couple weeks. This is a good time to remind your kids about School Bus Safety.
Here are tips to keep our children safe at the bus stop:
• Have your children put everything they carry in a backpack or school bag.
• Have them to wear bright, contrasting colors so they will be more easily seen by drivers.
• Make sure children give themselves plenty of time to arrive at the bus stop.
• Walk young children to the bus stop or have them walk in groups.
• Walk on the sidewalk, and if there is no sidewalk, stay out of the street.
• Stop and look left, right and then left again if you must cross the street or a driveway.
• Do not let children play in the street. Playing with toys that could roll into the street is dangerous.
• If they drop something getting on and off the bus, they should tell the driver and follow the driver’s instructions.
Yours in Public Safety,
Sheriff Tom Reich