Between December 26, 2021 and January 2, 2022, Eaton County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 748 calls for service. Our higher call volumes occurred n the following areas: Traffic Stops-126, Suspicious Situation/Subject/Vehicle-57, Car in the Ditch-42, Property Damage Crashes-38, Assist Citizen/Motorist Assist-34, Alarms-27, Traffic Violations-23, Domestic Disputes-22, Check Well Beings-19, Larcenies-19, Shoplifting Complaints-17, Car/Deer Accidents-15, Personal Injury Crashes-13, Disorderly Person or Subject-13, Civil Complaints-13, and Traffic Hazards-12.
Safer Drivers, Safer Roads – With winter in full swing, road conditions can change as fast as the weather in Michigan. Please remember the following:
- Drive slow on ice and snow
- Don’t use cruise control
- Michigan law requires that you drive at a speed that is “reasonable and proper”, meaning even if you are driving under the posted speed limit, you could still get a speeding ticket if road conditions make that speed unreasonable for safe driving
- Plan ahead and leave extra time to reach your destination
- Keep an emergency preparedness kit in your vehicle stocked with batteries, flashlight, windshield scraper, jumper cables, shovel, blankets and a first aid kit in the event you get stuck or stranded.
- If you do become stranded, stay with your car and keep your seatbelt on. Staying with your car is your safest bet. It’s not only a source of shelter and warmth, it makes it easier for rescuers to find you.
Together we share the road; let’s share it safely.
Yours in Public Safety
Sheriff Tom Reich