How do I get an order for support?

A petition requesting the Court to grant an order for support must be filed with the Court. If both parties agree and sign an agreement (stipulation and consent agreement), that agreement will be entered as a support order if it is approved by the Court.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get an order for support?
2. Does the judge have to use the Child Support Guideline or the Friend of the Court recommendation when setting support orders?
3. Do I need to have an attorney to get an order for support?
4. If I have been paying my child support and the custodial parent is not allowing visitation, do I have to keep paying support?
5. The non-custodial parent is not paying support. What can I do?
6. The payer of support is self-employed and not making his or her support payments. What can the Friend of the Court do?
7. My Court order states that I am to pay support through the Friend of the Court Office. Can I pay the support to the custodial parent directly?
8. If child support has been ordered by the Court and either parent has a major increase or decrease in income, what can be done?
9. Does the Friend of the Court have the right to deduct statutory service fees from a child support payment?
10. If I am receiving public assistance, do I still get child support?
11. Is the Friend of the Court responsible for making sure that child support money is being spent on the child?