How do I file a claim?

Obtain and completely fill out an application form (PDF). Forms are available from the Crime Victim Services Commission, our office, police or sheriff's departments, and victim assistance agencies. Your claim must be filed with the Commission not later than 1 year after the occurrence of the crime. File the claim by mailing it to:
Crime Victim Services Commission
320 S Walnut
Lansing, MI 48913
Phone: 517-373-7373

Show All Answers

1. What is the Crime Victim Compensation Fund?
2. What compensation may be awarded?
3. What losses are not covered?
4. Where does the money come from?
5. Am I a "crime victim"?
6. Does the Crime Victim Compensation Fund only apply to "assault" victims?
7. What conditions apply to the Crime Victim Compensation Fund?
8. How do I file a claim?
9. What do I send with my claim?
10. When do I file a claim?
11. Do I need an attorney to file a claim?
12. Is my claim limited because I also have insurance?
13. What happens after a claim is filed?
14. How long does it take for my claim to be reviewed?
15. If my claim is denied, can I appeal?
16. Is my application confidential?