How do I report speed limit and signage concerns?

The determining of speed limits, placement of traffic lights, and signage is the responsibility of the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT).  These determinations are made based on traffic pattern studies, number of accidents at a particular location, etc.  The Eaton County Sheriff's Office cannot place, change, or move traffic signs or change speed limits.  We are tasked with enforcing the laws of the State of Michigan.  

If you have a concern about speed limits in your neighborhood, installation of a traffic light, rumble strips, etc., please contact MDOT at 517-373-2090 or email them at and click on their Contact tab.  There is an online form you can submit or their mailing address is at the bottom of the page.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have a Warrant?
2. Do you accept unwanted medications?
3. How do I report a scam call?
4. How do I report road conditions/repairs?
5. How do I report speed limit and signage concerns?